The admission fee ( first year ) is 150 € ; after,140 € a year.
Young members ( 19 - 25 years old ) 100 € a year.
Junior members ( 0 -18 years old ) 30 € a year.
The ministry of infrastructures has found through its laws and publications the Italian Register of Alfa Romeo, Fiat Register, Lancia Register, ASI and FMI (Italian Motorcycling Federation) to be the only Registers qualified to give out the “historical and collectables certificate” which is the only valid document that proves the authenticity and historical or collectable value of the vehicle (decree mentioned, pag.4 paragraph 1.2.).
Subscribing a car to RIAR:
- Permits you to obtain the “ historical and collectable certificate”. This certificate plus the inscription are essential for people who need to re-register their car.
- It certifies the classification of a vehicle on the “historical and collectable” side, it allows the owner to obtain advantages on tax payments, insurance and circulation and servicing permits.
It also allows you:
To attend to the rallies that RIAR organizes yearly (about 5 or 6 rallies per year in Italy and out of the country). RIAR also organizes special rallies for the younger crowd.
- To be involved in the Alfa world
- To obtain special insurance policies
- To have access to all the data and historical archives of Alfa Romeo, the most detailed and official information from the Alfa Romeo Documentation Center. The information involves the history, the techniques, the men who created Alfa Romeo, and all the vehicles from 1910 till now.
- To consult with the Technical Commission, so the most important and famous Alfa Romeo experts
- To receive all the necessary information for a perfect restoration of a specific car.
- To become part of Alfa Romeos history (RIAR was founded in 1962)
- To become and feel like a real Alfa fan
- To take part in the yearly assemblies in a very exclusive and glamorous environment like the Alfa Romeo Museum of Arese.
- To be in contact with Alfa clubs all over Italy and all over the world
- To receive free of charge the prestigious magazine " Il Quadrifoglio "
If the car is homologated, to expose the plate in bronze that proves its originality:
HOMOLOGATION TO ITALIAN REGISTER OF ALFA ROMEO N….
The ASI (Italian Historical car and motorcycle club – Torin) autonomously decides the price of the refund necessary to release the documentation. But, because RIAR is federated with ASI, the RIAR associates can obtain all the certificates that ASI can issue and that the associate wants through the RIAR secretary.
As we have already mentioned, a car must coincide with its original details, apart from slight usage signs due to its age. The car can be restored but the job must be done in compliance with its initial conditions, including the color it was born with. We don’t homologate cars that have been repaionted into another color or have different appolstry even if provided in catalog, unless these changes have actually been historicized, so done in the first years of the car (not more than 10 years from its production – valid only for 20 year old cars or more).
Homologation does not give any economical advantages to an associate, with a 20 year old car (or more) nor with a vehicle from a private list. It gives the car a historical value, increasing its commercial value.
Of course! In the same way as the ASI, an associate can forward the request for the FIVA I.d. Card directly passing through the secretary without needing to go through the technical commission of RIAR and the subscription. The FIVA I.d. Card is released only by the ASI.